Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Good Thoughts to Live By #10

And lo a voice from heaven, saying, "This is my beloved son, in whom I am well pleased."  Matthew 3:17
I love this picture of the Savior being baptized.  It is called,  To Fulfill All Righteousness, by Liz Lemon Swindle and is found in Favorite Songs for LDS Children, which I received as a birthday present last year.  The books with Christian art in them are my favorites.  The camera flash on the page over Christ's head adds a soft glow that helps me imagine what it may have looked like when the Holy Ghost, in the form of a dove, descended to verify Jesus Christ truly is the Son of God.
Our Creator would never have made such lovely days, and have given us the deep hearts to enjoy them, above and beyond all thought, unless we were meant to be immortal.
  -Nathaniel Hawthorne (1804-1864)

I like to think of my most valiant efforts to control everything as a source of God’s greatest amusement and entertainment.
  -Susan


Please do not get caught in that place where you think you know.
  -Zen Saying


Truth is given, not to be contemplated, but to be done.  Life is an action, not a thought.
  -F. W. Robertson


We find great things are made of little things.  And little things go lessening till at last comes God behind them.
  -Robert Browning


Life and death are of supreme importance.  Time swiftly passes by and opportunity is lost.  Each of us should strive to awaken.  Awaken.  Take heed, do not squander your life.
  -Evening Chant


To see into impermanence, to actually see impermanence . . . this is the mind which determines that I must wake up for the benefit of all beings.
  -D#SYMBOL  \f "Symbol"95gen, describing his experience as a small boy


It is eternity now, I am in the midst of it, it is about me in the sunshine; I am in it, as the butterfly in the light-laden air.  Nothing has come; it is now.  Now is eternity; now is the immortal life.
  -Richard Jeffries


May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view.  May your mountains rise into and above the clouds.
  -Edward Abbey


Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.
  -Melody Beattie


Earth’s crammed with heaven, and every common bush afire with God.
  -Elizabeth Barrett Browning


I learn every day of my life, learn it with pain I am grateful for: patience is everything.
  -Rainer Maria Rilke


I know in my heart that man is good.  That what is right will always eventually triumph, and there’s purpose and worth to each and every life.
  -Ronald Reagan

No comments:

Post a Comment