Sunday, December 11, 2011

Charles Dickens Said it Well

Sing along or read the words to this Christmas song at:   Angels We Have Heard on High
 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.  Luke 2:10

from A Christmas Carol             
". . . I have always thought of Christmas time,as a good time when it has come round . . . 

a kind, forgiving, charitable, pleasant time; 

the only time I know of, in the long calendar 

of the year, when men and women seem by one 

consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and 

to think of people below them as if they were 

really fellow passengers to the grave, and not 

another race of creatures bound on other journeys. 

And therefore . . . though it has never put a scrap 

of gold or silver in my pocket, I believe that 

it has done me good, and will do me good, and I 

say, God bless it!" 

-Charles Dickens


Yep, you don't need much to have a Merry Christmas.
Our Christmas tree in the mission field.

No comments:

Post a Comment